£8000 to spend on my 'R'

ShayneG

O.K, I have 8k to spend on my 'R'. I am considering a wide arch conversion but I want the engine to push out as much power as possible. I'm hoping between 450 - 500 bhp. Is this in my price range and if so what is going to be needed and who's best to carry out the work.

M

Mr Overboooost

i think your wallet may have to be a bit fatter if you want a reliable 500bhp :(

cheers
gary :)

M

Mr Overboooost

very very fat if you want it so it doesnt go bang :(

heres a number to ring 07730813455 he should be able to answer all the questions you may have much better than i ever could :D
ask for gary(its not me)

cheers
gary :)

S

stuart rawlinson

8k will start you off nice lk: nice and strong crank/rods forged pistons tubby cams fuel pump and the rest on labour and thats if your lucky
that BHP is going to cost big bucks
thats y the odd one or two come up for sale at 8/9 k now when you think theres been 10/15k bin spent on them it makes for a cheap buy
and theres some in the pipe line at 20k plus :shock:

Sorry but 8k just will not make or last 500 bhp
Will make a fast and safe (ish) 350/400

Stu

A

antilag

well my car gets mapped in two weeks and i have spent around £7500 that includes the car :shock: and i should have 400+ on standard engine and gearbox.i have worked out its gonn cost £4500 more for a full engine rebuild and os giken clutch and gearbox to take 550hp so i hope to have 500+ reliable horsepower for under £12,000 including the purchase of the car.all work done myself for free apart from the engine internals hope this helps

ShayneG

antilag said:
well my car gets mapped in two weeks and i have spent around £7500 that includes the car :shock: and i should have 400+ on standard engine and gearbox.i have worked out its gonn cost £4500 more for a full engine rebuild and os giken clutch and gearbox to take 550hp so i hope to have 500+ reliable horsepower for under £12,000 including the purchase of the car.all work done myself for free apart from the engine internals hope this helps
Nice one mate, so all I gotta do is do the work myself and save lots a ££££'s :?

C

chrislloydus

sell the GTiR - you'll get at least £4K (though you didnt say how old it was)
Add your £8K
Now buy a skyline for £10k and spend £2k on it - 500bhp all day long.

Seriously.

O

Odin

chrislloydus said:
sell the GTiR - you'll get at least £4K (though you didnt say how old it was)
Add your £8K
Now buy a skyline for £10k and spend £2k on it - 500bhp all day long.

Seriously.
Nice idear mate but it still wouldn't beat a good R to a 100mph
or over the 1/4 :wink:, But if you want to do 180mph thats the
way to go.

Si..

including buying it, i'll have spent a bit over £20k on mine, it'll be a reliable 450bhp tho, ( i hope) :?

£8k will go a long way but not enough for 500bhp

E

Edd

have to agree 8k is not enough :cry:
what mods you have already?
a basic price breakdown of stuff you NEED is

these prices are WITHOUT VAT

quaiffe gearset plus OS giken clutch (needed to hold power) - £3200
engine rebuild(forged pistons etc still 2.0 std rods and crank) -£3300
turbo £-700-2000
manifold and custom piping - £200-1000
front mount - £800

all that lots £10000 plus with VAT and you nee dbrakes, suspension, maybe wheels, guages and other things not catered for.
If you buy parts from USA/japan and know someone who can rebuild ur engine cheap then you could, but otherwise it's very expensive. Need to spend £20k really to get that power reliably without compromising on crap suspension and brakes

A

Anonymous

I bought my R for £8500 two years ago.

And my car has easily had over £20k spent on it on mods.....so nearly £30K..........mad!

Brake down:-
re-spray (blue).............2K
Rebuild, includes new engine and block, pistons, turbo ect.....12K
Exhaust, pipes, induction, BOV etc...........1K
Brakes.......................1.5K
Wheels/tyres..............1.5K
Whiteline works kit, struts, bumpsteer etc.......2K
Security/ice.........1K
TOTAl....21K.
and probably a few things I forgot!

MAD!!!!!!!!!

O

Odin

Yeah mine has had over 25k spent and I haven't even started
to rebuild the engine yet :shock: :shock: :cry: .